Script Runner - show calculated date fields in Date section.

My script runner calculated dates are shown in the main body of an issue rather than the dates section, even though I have the template configured as "Date Time Picker" and the searcher set to "Date Time Range picker".

Is there a way to make date fields calculated with script runner behave as a native date field?

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
3 votes

Pretty sure this has been discussed before, but can't find it now. The date panel is limited to system dates and custom fields that use the marker interface com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.DateField.

I can't do that because it will always show in that panel regardless of whether it's a date or not.

I can't right now think of a clever of making it configurable either. Maybe create an issue...

this will be in the next major release

Great news! Does this mean we'll be able to leaverage calculated date fields in Team Calendars as well? Please say yes. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

24,853 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you