Restrict all users except for project admins from assigning issues

Christina Evans May 10, 2023

Hi,

I am having trouble figuring out the correct workflow property to exclude all users except for project admins to assign issues. 

I am working with Jira Software (Cloud) on a team managed project.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Hello @Christina Evans 

You want only project admins can be assignable to a task , isn't it ?

It's not a workflow property but a permission in the project permission ->  Assignable User (project role Admin) 

To modify this permission you need to be Jira Admin I believe 

I am not seeing that option available. Could you possibly provide a screenshot? 

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Go to the project settings in the left side bar, click on "Permissions" and you will see this permission :

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 18.03.08.png

Like Georges SF likes this

Ah yes, this is a team managed project. My apologies for not including that at the start.

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

Ok in this case I think you can create an automation rule to avoid members to change the assignee :

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 18.18.23.png

The smart value {{fieldchange.fromstring}} restores the previous value.

Like Georges SF likes this

Perfect! Thank you so much! I have worked all morning on this and you responded and solved it right away.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events