Replace Postfunctions using Scriptrunner

Andrej Freeze _ greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2021

Hey everyone, I have a rather simple case. A Jira environment I was asked to look after has hundreds of workflows. In many of those, we are having the same postfunction to update an issue field.

This Postfunction is provided by an app, which we no longer want to purchase. I already found a workaround to do exactly the same using Scriptrunner, but searching and replacing all of those post functions manually seems very error prone to me.

Is it possible to bulk edit all of these workflows, so I replace any occurence of the post function, with another one?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2021

Hi @Andrej Freeze _ greenique 

I don't know a tool that would replace those workflow post-functions in bulk, however, you can give a try Microscope to get the overall insights into your Jira workflow functions and workflow that you will be required to update.

Additionally, for replacing those functions for Scriptrunner scripts I would suggest you leverage the Script Editor and store your scripts in a centralized place.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Alex

Suggest an answer