Reopen issue: which permission?

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

Hello,

A user told me he was not able to reopen an issue. I am looking at the Permission Scheme but I don't know which permission allows that.

Thank you

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Satyendra Narwane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

Hi Vera Valkestijin,

Can you please check the workflow as it has condition for particular transaction hence if user does not pass this condition then it won't display the reopen button to user.

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2015

Ha, yes indeed! It was a little search but I found this condition in the workflow: Only users with Resolve Issues permission can execute this transition. And that I can find in the Permission-scheme and yes, that's where I don't find my user ;-) (Should be the case) Thank you, this solved it!

Like Taras Shved likes this
1 vote
Deleted user February 2, 2015

I have a similar question in this regard. I'm wondering if it's possible to allow ONLY user's in the JIRA Administrator's group to have the ability to re-open issues? We have found that if we allow too many user's to have this ability, then things can get changed after an issue is closed and there isn't enough accountability/review in regard to whether the issue should have been re-opened in the first place. Only allowing the JIRA Administrator's to have this permission would mitigate this risk for us.

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2015

See my other answer: reopen is part of an other permission. I think with editing those permissions it's possible to fullfill your wish

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2015

So.... thinking about that.... it would come in handy if e.g. Reporters could Reopen issues, but I don't want them to be able to Resolve issues. How should I configure that? Please help me by giving step-by-step instructions because I've never changed a workflow scheme or added transitions etc. Thank you

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2015

may be resolve permission?

Suggest an answer