Remove entry from issue changelog

Erik Aigner January 14, 2015

An account password token got into the JIRA issue text by accident (I really don't like the autosave when the element loses focus). Now this credential token shows up in the JIRA changelog. How can I remove this changelog entry?

1 answer

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

Clone the issue (the change log will not be copied) and move it to the current status and delete the old one.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2015

Yup, that's the only way to do it in the UI You could also try using the script-runner to kill off history entries, but you'd need a good understanding of the Jira code to do it. The other option which I have used in the past is to directly edit the database entry, just obscuring the phrase you don't want public (onerous because you need Jira offline, a full proven backup, and some form of reindexing too)

Erik Aigner January 15, 2015

Well that's not an option for me: - I can't delete issues (insufficient rights) - I can't modify database entries I'm just a regular user.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

Then you need to talk to your admin, so he can do it for you.

Suggest an answer