Remove entry from issue changelog

An account password token got into the JIRA issue text by accident (I really don't like the autosave when the element loses focus). Now this credential token shows up in the JIRA changelog. How can I remove this changelog entry?

1 answer

Clone the issue (the change log will not be copied) and move it to the current status and delete the old one.

Yup, that's the only way to do it in the UI You could also try using the script-runner to kill off history entries, but you'd need a good understanding of the Jira code to do it. The other option which I have used in the past is to directly edit the database entry, just obscuring the phrase you don't want public (onerous because you need Jira offline, a full proven backup, and some form of reindexing too)

Well that's not an option for me: - I can't delete issues (insufficient rights) - I can't modify database entries I'm just a regular user.

Then you need to talk to your admin, so he can do it for you.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

165 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you