Problem in Creating application link.

I have freshly installed all the atlassian applications on server.

what would be the cause behind this?

App_Link_issue.png

2 answers

2 votes
Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team Jun 03, 2015

Hello Rahul, by the message, you are not receiving response from the target, could you try to run a telnet test in that port and check how it goes ?

In additional, this Plugin should help you configuring your Application Link

Brian Cruz Atlassian Team Jun 03, 2015

Just to add what Paulo has said, we have an [application link troubleshooting guide|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/KB/Application+Links+Troubleshooting+Guide] that should give you a better idea of how application links work and how to troubleshoot them. Right now it seems that the two instances can't even communicate amongst each other.

1 votes

Hi Rahul, 

This error means JIRA couldn’t complete the communication with Confluence. 

I’ve found this another discussion on Atlassian Forum which is similar:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/56176/trying-to-install-confluence-for-jira-getting-an-error-not-valid-url

Can you check if there’s some firewall or proxy between Confluence and JIRA? This might causing this malfunctioning. 

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,139 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot