Not able to add epic link using Greenhopper version 6.1.6

Hiren Savalia December 22, 2015

I am using JIRA 5.0.4 with which I have installed JIRA Agile 6.1.6.

Latest JIRA Agile supports Epic link and I am easily able to add Epic Link/Issues in Epic through UI but in older version I am not able to find Epic Link/Issues In Epic on UI.

I have already configured Epic Link to be shown on all the screens from screen configurations with Admin rights but still I am not able to find it.

From REST response I found that Epic Link is there with null value so there is Epic Link associate with entity but I am not able to add any value for Epic Link.

I have re-indexed JIRA after installing Agile plug-in. Also I have restarted JIRA server.

Update :

I have added it through API and it is visible now on UI but still I am not able to edit/modify it.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2015

The Epic link field is for linking non-Epic issues to an Epic.  So it doesn't belong on Epic issues, and won't show there.

What were you trying to add the field?  What's the point (as the Epic is already linked to itself because it is the Epic you'd link to)?

Suggest an answer