My project is missing after I changing its permission scheme

Wenjun Lv December 7, 2016

I met a problem and do not know how to fix it.
I have created a group and restricted this group to see only one or two projects. I followed some instructions I searched in your answer website. 

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47558/how-can-i-restrict-a-user-so-he-can-see-one-project-only

When I linked the permission scheme with the target project, I got a warning message but I did not read it seriously.  Now I cannot see that project.
Could you tell me how can I get the project back and is there any simple way to achieve my original goal.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2016

Your changes have made the project invisible to you.  You have not got "browse" permission for it any more.

As an admin, go to admin -> projects and you'll be able to see the project in the list.  Follow that link to get into admin and you'll be able to see what permission schemes it is using.  Go into that and check who has "browse" permission.  That will tell you how to make your account able to see it again.

Wenjun Lv December 7, 2016

Thank you for your help. I follow your step and get into the project admin, but the permission is "None". I get empty page by clicking into "Permissions".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2016

Do you mean "the browse permission is 'none'"?  That would explain it - you've created a permission scheme that lets no-one in.

But "empty page clicking into permissions" suggests you're not getting to the permission scheme settings?  I think we'd need to see a screenshot of that?

Suggest an answer