Logged work date is not same as the work log date in Export Excel CSV(All Fields)

Omni Offshore September 15, 2017

Consider I have entered the time spent for a defect GI-100 on 16/Sep/2017 for the work done on 10/Sep/2017 by editing the date. To calculate the time spent for all the issues, downloaded the Export Excel CSV(All fields). Log work field has date as 16/Sep/2017 instead of 10/Sep/2017 for a defect GI-100

Is there any other way to get the log work which has the modified date?

Can you please help us?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2017

I found a case that was listed as a feature request that exactly describes this behavior in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-64025

In my review of this issue, I think this is clearly a bug instead of a feature request.   I suppose it could be argued that the date/time of that update is being generated for some reason, but I doubt that is the intention of this export feature in JIRA.   As such I have moved this issue to be of issue type bug and updated this case to reflect that.

I did some more digging to see how else to get that data.  If you look at the issue details page, then click on the Worklog tab, you will find that these entries are correct with the date/time selected for that worklog.

I found I was then able to use a 3rd party plugin for Jira such as Xporter.  This was able to create a XLSX file of that single issue that did contain the correct worklog data.  So that might help.  But when I was using the issue navigator to search for issues, I could not find any other format that could export this specific field.  The HTML, XML, Word, export formats in Jira simply don't contain this information.  

Suggest an answer