It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira issue under development create branch does not appear

Hello, I'm using jira cloud.In my projects, under issue development field there was a button "create branch" but its not seem anymore. I dont know why this happen. I looked custom fields, development fields seen locked. Can it be cause of this problem ? If it is, how can ı solve ?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Cihat_Haktanır

Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

The development fields in JIRA Cloud are usually locked since their purpose does not require them to be edited, so I believe this issue is caused by a different reason.

This documentation is related to JIRA Server, however, some of the steps to troubleshoot the missing option to "create branch" are still valid for JIRA Cloud:

1 - Check if the connection between JIRA Cloud and Bitbucket is working and the integration app is properly installed, by checking the configuration steps in the official documentation:

Connect Bitbucket Cloud to Jira Software Cloud 

2 - Check if your user has the development tools permission under Project settings > Permissions

3 - Check if the bitbucket domains in the documentation below  are whitelisted in your network:

Which Bitbucket Cloud IP address should I use when configuring my corporate firewall? 

Let us know if that works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you