Jira issue under development create branch does not appear

Cihat Haktanır November 27, 2019

Hello, I'm using jira cloud.In my projects, under issue development field there was a button "create branch" but its not seem anymore. I dont know why this happen. I looked custom fields, development fields seen locked. Can it be cause of this problem ? If it is, how can ı solve ?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2019

Hello @Cihat Haktanır

Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

The development fields in JIRA Cloud are usually locked since their purpose does not require them to be edited, so I believe this issue is caused by a different reason.

This documentation is related to JIRA Server, however, some of the steps to troubleshoot the missing option to "create branch" are still valid for JIRA Cloud:

1 - Check if the connection between JIRA Cloud and Bitbucket is working and the integration app is properly installed, by checking the configuration steps in the official documentation:

Connect Bitbucket Cloud to Jira Software Cloud 

2 - Check if your user has the development tools permission under Project settings > Permissions

3 - Check if the bitbucket domains in the documentation below  are whitelisted in your network:

Which Bitbucket Cloud IP address should I use when configuring my corporate firewall? 

Let us know if that works.

Suggest an answer