JIRA filter/export report problem/question

Darya_Koyfman July 26, 2017

I needed to create a report. In order to do that I created the filter with certain fields/columns I needed. I saved this filter for I am going to use it weekly.

The report was generated, but I noticed that the field/column set I chose for this report spread out on my other filters. Is it normal or it's a bug? Is it possible to keep different filters with different set of columns? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

I think you changed your default personal default columns, and not the saved filter's columns.

Nic,

I think you are right. Is there any way to retrieve the default view or I have to go to my other filters and manually change them?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

Your filters should be fine, it's just your personal view that has been saved.

Go to "search" and hit the "columns" menu.  Select "my defaults" so you know you're looking at your personal settings, and you'll see "restore defaults" beneath it.  Click that.

Next, go back to your report filter, click "columns" again, but this time, click "filter".  Now you'll be able to select the columns that will be used by that filter, and then run and save the filter again (other users can swap back to their defaults and view it through those, but the columns you set will stay with the filter and be used by default when people visit the filter)

Thank you! It's done! I didn't pay attention to those tabs before. Now I know.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2017

I don't think it's very clear myself, but I'm not sure how I would improve it!

Probably, the color of selected tab should change to something but grey. I think it can help.

Gaurav Desai October 26, 2017

Nic this was really helpful thanks

Suggest an answer