JIRA Admin role

Anuradha Yadav January 25, 2021

Hi Team,

I guess this is non-technical question but I just wanted few thoughts on Jira Admin interview.

I have been asked to Interview quite few candidates for our project for the every first time. I need to prepare on below JD:

·         Jira Data Center, Jira Align and Confluence administrator with 3+ years of experience

·         Familiar with Jira and Confluence processes who can advise the organization on enhancing such processes in place

·         Infrastructure foundation experience supporting the underlying platforms for the above Atlassian systems

Can any one please help me to get the best questions to interview the candidates on above mentioned JD? also time taken to interview them?

Regards,

Anuradha

2 answers

1 vote
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

Hello @Anuradha Yadav ,

You are an active admin right for your organization.

so you already faced some questions while working with Jira. I'm assuming you have some knowledge on Jira. you can ask in Realtime challenges you faced along with your known things.

and also Jira align is an independent tool from Atlassian. which is a recent tool. which sits on top of Jira. and pricing also a bit high.

Due to these 2 factors somehow it's not heavily used. if you already purchased and have knowledge you can include in interview questions.

You can check various job postings from Naukri and you can include some known components into your interview topics.

You are using cloud model.

You can focus on automation, Different schemes, Atlassian access related queries.

Thanks,

Anvesh

0 votes
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2021

You could ask questions on how the admin helps and influences the stakeholders and org in

• Mapping your business requirements into Jira
  • Configuring issue types, fields, screens and their associated schemes
    • What type of an object becomes an Issue type for the org (normally an object which has a lifecycle becomes an issuetype)
  • Customizing workflows with conditions, validators, and post functions
    • How to arrive at the number of Status a project needs?
  • Configuring board and sprint permissions
  • Applying configurations to new and existing projects

I took these from the Jira Admin course :)

You may get various Job description with the likes of above suggestions, but to have a good and satisfied interview, ask real time questions, the ones which you faced as a problem, that is how you can understand if the candidate is cognitive and thinking.!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events