Is it possible to show tasks from different projects in a roadmap?

Angel Todorov May 3, 2021

Hi there, I would like to take advantage from Roadmaps. In our company however, we have a following organization of the Jira projects:

1. We have so called tech projects e.g. backend, frontend and etc. - each one with specific workflow for their tasks

2. We have also so called product project, where each project represent a product e.g. Product A, Product B and etc.

3. We would like to use product projects to created only Epics, since they will represent the major milestones for each product development. We will also group these Epics/Milestones by initiatives e.g. releases.

Now, within each Epic, I can create tasks from different tech projects e.g. 

Epics 01 might hold

- WEB-01, WEB-02, WEB-03 tasks

- BE-01, BE-02, BE-03 tasks

and each Epic will visualize all child tasks nevertheless of their project types and it will also update progress completion correctly. However, if I enable Roadmap for this project I cannot see its children, since the filter shows only this project tasks. If I change the project filter to show all tasks, then I have got the following message:

"Roadmaps are designed for a single project. Your roadmap isn't available because the board filter contains multiple projects. To use your roadmap,   to include issues from Backend only"

Now if it isn't possible to achieve this with Basic Jira Roadmap (which I find quite odd), can you guys please let me know if there is a suitable add on for Jira cloud, which I can use and achieve the desired functionality?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Angel Todorov May 3, 2021

@Deepanshu Natani - so basically - what I am aiming isn't possible with basic roadmaps, is it? I should consider moving to advanced roadmap, where however I can face other issues related to next-gen projects. Is that the summary?

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events