Is it possible to change a user ID in JIRA?

Is it possible to change the value of a user ID in JIRA without resorting to database manipulation?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Jan 23, 2013

Hi Peter

Unforutantely, currently JIRA does not have the ability to change usernames. If you are interested in this feature you may wish to vote and watch JRA-1549 - Ability to rename a user - OPEN .

Cheers

Did you mean username? I did not get the term user_id

Rahul

Yes, username.

You can use the Script Runner plugin ( https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner ) to change usernames.

To my knowledge, scriptrunner plugin won't update the username values in the single/multi user picker customfield. You have to update the database for these customfield with desired username and then you can go ahead with renaming the user.

NOTE: Update the database for the customfield values before renaming the user using the above plugin. Remember to take a backup and shut down the JIRA instance while updating the table. Once verified at the database level, restart jira and reindex it and check if the changes are reflected.

0 votes
Joseph Pitt Community Champion Jan 27, 2013

You can export the entire database to XML, do a find/replace all and then import it. Make sure you have a backup.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,462 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you