In Description Field I need some Default Text

chakravarthysai mateti April 24, 2023

Hi,

In Description Field we will have some default Message ,When we try to type something it's get vanish .But in some cases  it is not getting vanished ,

Kindly let me know what I have to do for that,

Thank you,

Regards,

CVSCustom Field 1.pngCustom field 2.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hi @chakravarthysai mateti 

What you are showing in the image is the systemic placeholder text. This you can't change. It will always appear with the same message when not having any text inside.

If you want to populate the description if the value is empty you have to have a 3rd party app, which allows you to add a post function on the create transition and add your text, by using simultaneously a conditional validator (if empty then do).

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thank you for your replay ,

My question is when we try to type something that text should vanish ,But it is not disappearing I am deleting that text manually.

would you help me out with this.

Regards,

CVS.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

If you try this from another browser AND with an incognito window, does this behavior persists? Does this occurs only to you, or other colleagues as well?

for other colleagues too.

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Are you on a paid plan?

yes

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Then I would suggest that you raise a request to Atlassian's support directly. But out of curiosity, how easy for you is to paste here a video link or gif of the actual problem? This is really weird behavior for jira, since that placeholder text on the description field should vanish the moment you enter that field.

Thank you

Suggest an answer