How to trigger a transition when an issue is assigned to someone

Baybars Kumbasar January 26, 2016

Hello,

I'd like to know if this scenario is possible:

My workflow is as follows:

image2016-1-26 15:52:17.png

When the ticket is on "OPEN" or " Pending (IT/L2)" statuses, I'd like the "assign" button to trigger a transition from those two (or at least one status) to "In Progress (IT/L2)" statuses. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Baybars 

2 answers

3 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2016

If you don't want to create a listener for the "issue assigned", you can just remove the native JIRA Assign button (follow the reference link below). From here, you can either:

• Create a "Assign" transition and put the post-functions you like
  • Add the "Assignee" field to a transition that you like and put the post-functions you like

Chris Ellsworth July 29, 2016

there is no link about how to remove the assign button

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2016
Like Eivind Bulie Haanæs likes this
3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2016

You'll need to find/write a listener that can pick up "issue assigned" and poke the issue through the transition when it's appropriate

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2018

Hi, can anyone share such a listener?

Suggest an answer