How to make the jira import and export csv functionality public to all the users?

We want to develop a import and export csv plugin that will allow all the users in the jira to use this functionality. Currently jira have provided this functionality only to admin users. we want to make this functionality public. Let me know the steps where i want to start with.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, OnDemand doesn't allow custom plugins installed. It's a restricted function. Putting that aside, would this be a good idea? The reason it's an admin function is because it could cause a lot of potential problems.

What problem are you trying to solve exactly? I'm not sure if exposing this admin function would be a good idea.

I see a duplicate question, are you sure about the tags which you have applied to this question ?

By default export is allowed to all users who have read access to issues but import is only allowed to system admins.

I see your question is related to ondemand I don't think you would be able to that level of customization to ondemand.

If you are looking do it in jira standalone or you installation you can look at Jira importers plugin code that would be a good starting point.

Thanks Vishwajeet

I am trying to have the importer functionality for standalone jira. I am not getting how the access can be provided to all user instead of only to admin.

Request you to please suggest some documents.

Thanks,

Jayasingh

As Harry Chan suggested it's not a good idea to expose the admin functions to all users, if you are certain what you are trying to do is right than you need to learn jira plugin development, you can start with same here https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Plugin+Guide

Link to current jira importers plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-plugin

You would need a way to extend the above plugin and provide the functionality to all users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Jira

New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team.  I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...

121 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you