I am terribly sorry but the issue described in this ticket is far from being solved.
- the context column takes about 40% of the whole Jira issue screen. which is way too wide and forces hours and hours of text formatting workarounds upon us in order to be able to see the whole ticket content at once.
- the right 50 % of the context column itself is pure unused space
- viewers cannot decide whether they want to see the context column and the ticket content or just the ticket content
I may suggest the following solution (referring to the screenshot below):
1. please make the blue marked elements left-aligned
2. hence spare and cut the unused red marked 50% of the context column
3. please implement the left green marked slider-button also on the right for the context column to enable viewers to decide whether or not they want to see the context column or just the ticket.
Please, Atlassian help us.
Hey @Tobias Mueller ,
I think most of us will agree here with you in saying that the dynamic visualization could use some work.
Sadly tho we are (just like you) just customers of Atlassian helping out in a community forum. I suggest you take the case you've described here and log it as a ticket with the Atlassian support https://support.atlassian.com/contact
They should then be able to launch it as a suggestion in their own followup system (https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JRACLOUD/issues/) so it can be tracked and voted on.
if you want you can even create it there yourself too.
there have been some discussions around this topic lately, for Jira and I remember there were also some for Confluence.
A good portion of your concerns, which are very true and valid, are recorded in:
On High resolution JIRA screens are centered in the middle of screen
You could vote for the issue over there signalizing it is of importance to you.
Next to that there were also some dicussion on how to utilize the available screen "space" best - some years ago:
I remember, there were more than just that one - this is just the one I was able to find right now.
Certainly, here is still the "main thread" regarding "new issue view" which also touches the white space, but it is a hard read - many negative voices putting all in one bucket, regarding new issue view.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events