How to highlight buttons of workflow in Cloud Jira?

Dmitry Gordeev April 21, 2015

Ideal way would be to use transition properties in order to set color or highlighting of transition buttons.

It is useful for visual selection of ideal path in workflow.

How is it possible to do?

2 answers

0 votes
Dmitry Gordeev April 24, 2015

Hi Rodrigo,

The idea is pretty simple. It's about workflow.

When we create graph of workflow we usually have start status (Open for example) and end status (Closed fox example).
And always three is preferred path from start status to end status.
For example  Open -> Backlog -> In Progress -> Testing -> Done -> Closed.
Here we have only six statuses and workflow obviously contains another transitions, for example Testing -> Backlog for ticket required additional work.

But in ideal case we do not go back relatively preferred path. Let's assume that this is possible.

And I think it would be useful to highlight transition buttons of preferred path.
In given example it would be five buttons.

It is possible to reorder transition buttons in Cloud JIRA with transition properties.
I think it would be useful to distinguish these buttons somehow visually.
I could be color, additional icon or another visual sign.

Please let me know if it make sense for you (or not smile, in this case I'll try to describe in another words).

Also please tell me what email or forum thread I could use to send this description to jira.atlassian.com.

Best regards, Dmitry Gordeev

0 votes
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2015

Hi Dmitry, I'm afraid this kind of feature is not presented on JIRA cloud due the Restricted Functions, but I also believe it would be great to raise this improvement at jira.atlassian.com . 

Please share your thoughts! 

Cheers, Rodrigo Silva

Suggest an answer