How to change link address for all existing issues

Darya_Koyfman January 13, 2020

We link JIRA issues with Agile software (it's a Product Life cycle Management tool), i.e. with ECO/MCO (Engineering Change Order, Manufacturing Change Order).

Recently Agile changed it's address (They moved to another server). All links stopped working. Is it possible to change links in JIRA?

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello @Darya_Koyfman

How are these links created? Through a custom field?

Darya_Koyfman January 14, 2020

Agile has the option to copy URL for the item I want to connect JIRA issue. I just go to the Agile item (ECO, MCO, part description, etc.), copy URL, go to JIRA and through Link option connect JIRA issue and the Agile item.

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

If I understand, correctly, when you say Link you are talking about the Link issue feature. That being the case, there is no easy way for you to change all these links in one go.

An idea I would go with is using the import/export CSV tool to do this. You could export all the issues with links to a CSV, modify the link URLs in one go with a simple find-replace tool, and re-import. 

To use the import/export tool to batch edit issues, you can follow the steps presented in the following thread by Sam Hall: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Updating-status-with-a-CSV-file/qaq-p/62664

Suggest an answer