• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to I re-use existing avatars for new projects?

I'm making a new project for every semester of my University work (I'm tracking my homework, tests, quizzes, and grades through Jira, and it's awesome.  I want to use the same University of Montana avatar for all of the per-semester projects. 

How can I choose an existing avatar for a project. My choices of avatar are limited to the ones included with Jira.

I know that I can take the existing avatar, copy it to a temp directory and then upload it on the create project form, but then I end up with multiple copies of it in my avatar directory, and I hate messy directories.

Where does it get those avatars in the 'select image' for projects anyway? I've looked all over for that koala bear to see if i could copy mine into that directory.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Bearcat M_ Şándor

This JIRA ticket describes a workaround to make system-wide avatars:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-21184

Hope it helps,

Carlos

Thank you. That does help. It's quite a bit of work, but worth it since I'll need it for a lot of projects.  However, it also looks like something that would be relatively easy to implement, and it's a shame they've marked the bug as 'won't fix'.

There might be a way for me to do this via a script and then make a plugin for it.

Good luck, Bearcat. I'd also enter a comment in the JRASERVER ticket. Even though it's close, I think it's important to share feedback. Take care!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you