How to I re-use existing avatars for new projects?

Bearcat M_ Şándor January 25, 2020

I'm making a new project for every semester of my University work (I'm tracking my homework, tests, quizzes, and grades through Jira, and it's awesome.  I want to use the same University of Montana avatar for all of the per-semester projects. 

How can I choose an existing avatar for a project. My choices of avatar are limited to the ones included with Jira.

I know that I can take the existing avatar, copy it to a temp directory and then upload it on the create project form, but then I end up with multiple copies of it in my avatar directory, and I hate messy directories.

Where does it get those avatars in the 'select image' for projects anyway? I've looked all over for that koala bear to see if i could copy mine into that directory.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2020

Hi @Bearcat M_ Şándor

This JIRA ticket describes a workaround to make system-wide avatars:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-21184

Hope it helps,

Carlos

Bearcat M_ Şándor January 26, 2020

Thank you. That does help. It's quite a bit of work, but worth it since I'll need it for a lot of projects.  However, it also looks like something that would be relatively easy to implement, and it's a shame they've marked the bug as 'won't fix'.

Bearcat M_ Şándor January 26, 2020

There might be a way for me to do this via a script and then make a plugin for it.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2020

Good luck, Bearcat. I'd also enter a comment in the JRASERVER ticket. Even though it's close, I think it's important to share feedback. Take care!

Suggest an answer