How do i count how many times a value has changed in a structure?

Margaret Dessypris Thomas July 15, 2021

In attempting to see how much churn is happening, we want to look at the number of times a fix version is updated on a story or epic. How do i count the changes of a field's value? 

We import the PI Name from JIRA Align into JIRA on a JIRA Epic I'd like to know how many times there were updates to these fields to show me how many times we're shifting work.   

What's the best way to report on this? I was thinking of counting the number of changes to  a field value. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Not sure how you can do this on old tickets but for new ones, I would count it via workflow functions.

1. Create a workflow step for editing fix versions

2. Have a post function edit a custom field counter every time it has been changed.

Alternatively, might be able to do it via apps in the marketplace.

Margaret Dessypris Thomas July 15, 2021

I cannot change the workflow. I’m in an large enterprise environment. I may have to pull ticket history into Tableau or something. 

Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Alright. Let me know if it works that way.

Suggest an answer