How do I make something required?

Aida Hoffstein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2019

I am trying to make something required in my template and I don't know where to start. I don't know how to make a validation with a workflow (I'm new to this platform and I'm trying to figure everything out). When I try to create an issue with the Jira issue/filter it says "Received the following HTTP error code from the server:500." 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

if you want to make a field required as part of a transition you edit the workflow and add a Validation property. Project settings > workflows > edit the workflow associated with the issuetype click on the transition where you want the field to be updated and select Validation. Choose the field required option. you will also need to associate a screen to the transition. Create a screen and include the desired field. Again in the workflow editor, double-click the transition and select the screen you created.

Aida Hoffstein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2019

Thank you. Unfortunately I can't even do the first step because I don't see "project settings" anywhere. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

you need to be an admin. Please contact your admin and request the change.

Suggest an answer