How do I create a card from a text message?

C Lee March 21, 2018

When I get a text message on my phone that needs an action, I want to create a Trello card for that action. I've spent a lot of time searching around for an answer but can't find any references to text messaging actions.  Thanks for any help.  BTW, I have no ides what the tags mean, so I have no idea where this will go. I guess you can tell I'm a newbie.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Are you looking for a way to go from a text message to sharing the contents into a Trello card? Are you on iPhone or Android?

C Lee March 21, 2018

Yes, I want the data from the text message to be put on a card. So I can process the task later. I'm using iPhone w/latest version of IOS.  The std msg app won't even let me copy the contents of the msg to create a card in the Trello app.

Thanks for your help.

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2018

I don't think thats possible from an iOS standpoint. iOS doesn't allow actions on individual text messages as far as I know. You would need to copy and paste the message into a new card, or take a screenshot, and then share that into the Trello app.

C Lee March 23, 2018

Messages won't let me copy the contents of the text msg; but a screen shot will take care of it.  Thanks for your help.  (I know I responded by email, but I got a reminder that says I need to click (something I don't see right now) to show my questions is complete.) Thanks again.

C Lee April 6, 2018

I find I CAN copy the text of the message with a press and hold which pops up, among other things, a Copy option. Then I launch Trello and begin a card creation, press and hold again which pops up the Paste option for the card name. Thus the msg text becomes the card "name".  (In my usual procedure, I actually paste the copied text as a new checklist item on an existing card.) Sorry for my misinformation. It does take quite a few steps per message so I may look around for a quicker way. 

0 votes
Jon Riley April 6, 2018

I have also been looking for a solution.

I am currently using “workflow” IOS app (bought by Apple recently). You may be able to create a work around using this app.

Please let me know how you get on..

C Lee April 6, 2018

See my 4/6 reply above. I'll check out the "workflow".  Thanks for the idea.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events