How do I configure the Velocity Chart?

Chris Collins April 1, 2014

The JIRA Agile Velocity Chart shows the velocity for the last 7 sprints.

Can this number be configured/increased? I can't see anything in the interface that would allow me to do this, but is it possible by some other method?

Thanks.

9 answers

1 vote
Tom Knox September 11, 2018

None of this is helping me. I want to have this information. Is there a way other than to do it manually? 

0 votes
Wojciech Cora May 28, 2021

It would be great to see the Epics commited and delivered if teams are using epics as a representation of the business value. 

0 votes
bci-mrojsaf May 10, 2021

+1

0 votes
Wichanun Tanchakvaranont August 5, 2020

+1

0 votes
Sylvain Sanchis August 30, 2018

+1

0 votes
Akash Paul July 11, 2018

Completely agree. I have started a new project and form a new team. Completed 3 Sprints and it would have been great if I can see the velocity Chart.

This feature would be very useful if included by Jira.

0 votes
Andy-Kim Möller April 30, 2018

I would love this feature as well.

0 votes
Maneesha Syea April 10, 2018

I totally agree with Dave.  It would be good to have an option which allows to configure the velocity chart and not just to define the number of Sprints.

I checked my velocity chart on JIRA today and it's completely wrong. It is showing wrong figures and I wonder if it's because we changed our workflow a few days ago. Probably it's not taking correct status into consideration.  Example, for the current Sprint it shows we committed on 1 issue only and have completed 20 issues, which is wrong.

Would be really nice to have reports that are configurable.

Thanks.

Maneesha

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2014

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to customize that. The Velocity Chart will always show the last 7 completed sprints, as you can see in our documentation about Velocity Chart.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Dave Niersbach April 10, 2018

I have used Jira over many years and this functionality would be great to have.

Thanks,

Dave

Suggest an answer