How can i view board specific stories and tasks for a project with multiple boards?

Williams Tom-Ita January 9, 2020

On Jira, i created multiple boards in one project but i noticed that when i select a particular board it shows all the tasks in project as opposed to just the tasks and stories associated with that board. Please how can i correct this? 

1 answer

1 vote
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi @Williams Tom-Ita 

Issues (stories and tasks) in Jira are never specific to a board, but are always associated to a project, you can see this by the fact that the project key is part of the issue key (e.g. XXX-123).

A board is simply a representation of issues that match a certain filter, the board filter. You can change a filter for a board and make it show different issues. This way you could filter on all issues with a specific label or component for example. Or all issues in a specific project that have a certain value for a custom field.

Hope this clarification helps!

Kind regards
Jorden

Suggest an answer