How can I move Issues from one Board to another within the same Project?

Mike Savard February 8, 2019

We have a large project, and have broken it up into multiple Scrum boards by sub-system.

I want to combine two of those Boards, but I can't figure out how to move the Issues out of the Board I want to delete, and into another existing Board.

I can see how to move them to another Project, but not to another Board...

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2019

Hi @Mike Savard and welcome to our Community!

Boards are just like filters. You should rather create a new board to fulfil your requirement to include all the necessary issues from both boards and group them the way you like.

Check these articles, please:

Configuring a board

Configuring columns

Hope it helps.

Mike Savard February 11, 2019

Thanks Grigory - makes much more sense now!

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2019

You're welcome @Mike Savard.

Have a nice day!

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2019

"Move" to another board is nonsense, as boards are not containers for issues.

A board is a view of a set of issues, determined by the board filter.  To change the selection of issues a board is showing you, change the filter.

0 votes
gvantsa davitaia December 22, 2019

Hello,

i want to move just one issue from "Kanban 1 Board" to "kanban 2 Board", is it possible? Also wonder if i can move issues from Scrum board to Kanban board, without configuring the filter.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2019

No, because "move" is nonsense.  A board selects a range of issues based on a filter, it does not contain issues.

You can make it look like a "move" by having two boards that select different things exclusively, then change the issue such that the board currently displaying it no longer selects it and the board that does not have it then does. 

That's a horrible description, I think it's easier to give an example.  Imagine you have a select list called "continent", with values such as "North America", "Europe", "Asia" etc.  To emulate a "move between boards", you would set up one board with JQL like "continent = Europe" and the other with "continent != Europe".  When you edited an issue's continent field, it would appear to "move between boards" when you set or removed Europe on it.

Like # people like this
gvantsa davitaia December 23, 2019

Thank you very much, it was really helpful. So i decided to divide boards with different statuses. 

Thanks a lot :)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer