Deactivate users in Remote Crowd and change email handler user creation

I have an email handler that works fine. However, for every email that send a users is created. This is really pushing my user license.. Is there any way to handle issues without creating a new user?

Second: I want to deactivate a lot users because of this issue but I can't. I have the Ondemand version and in the users properties it says: "Remote Crowd Directory". No one ever logged in, but deactivating them won't work.

Also, if I deactivate them, will they be able to send in new issues?

Thank in Advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Maarten,

You could in your mail handler define a default reporter and deselect the create users checkbox.

Now mails send by people who don't have a user account in Jira will be created with this default reporter as the reporter.

To bulk deselect application access you can go to the Application Acces Menu underneath the User Management Admin Tab and simply start clicking checkboxes.

Do keep in mind that for On Demand your user count is dependent not on the amount of users in the users group but of the amount of users you've granted access to Jira through the application access checkbox.

You might want to check that page first just so you can see how many users count towards your license.

Best regards,

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

335 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot