Can someone assit with a Script Runner Bulk Import Custom Field Values example script

I need to import around 1000 options to a custom select field. From my research on this site, it looks like using Script Runner is my best option for this: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-BulkImportCustomFieldValues

My problem is I'm not really sure from the documentation how this script should be structured. My situation, for example: Say I have a custom field called CustomField. I have a context, ContextA, that has a number values and is associated with multiple projects. I created a new context, ContextB which is empty and associated with a new project. What would the script look like for importing values Value1, Value2 and Value3 into ContextB?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Henning Tietgens Community Champion Feb 16, 2014

If you choose the builtin script to bulk import custom field values you have to select the field config for which you want to import the values from a select list. If your custom field has to field configs there are two entries for this custom field.

Ah ok, I was looking in the wrong spot, I didn't see the link for the Built In Scripts, that's exactly what I needed. I thoguht I needed to write a script and run it to do the import. Thank you.

Is there instructions on how the Bullk import custom field values work? I have a csv to import that is part of of the application but not clear on how this works.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

79 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you