Bulk transition through JIRA Rest API

Hi,

I have a list of bugs in JIRA. Now I need to move a bulk of defects from open to closed status through JIRA Rest API, without iteration, since web service call is costlier.

But I can't find any API expect this, which will do one by one:

http://localhost:8080/rest/api/2/issue/10900/transitions?expand=transitions.fields

Is any other solution available for this? 

Pls clarify...

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

it has to happen through JIRA Rest API? In JIRA itself there is a bulk tansition option. Its quite unhandy though. Many clicks involved. After all you can implement your own rest service which is not iterating but doing it in one call.

Thx for replying. Yes, it has done through JIRA Rest API only. Pls let me know, how to develop the, our own rest service? Whether we need to develop any plug in for this? Pls guide...

yes you can develop a plugin which contains nothing but that service. Its quite easy task if you are a little bit familiar with implementing rest services. Some documentation worth looking at: https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/atlassian-platform-common-components/rest-api-development/rest-plugin-module

Thx Alexej for suggesting a solution...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

139 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you