Hello?

How can I change base url?

I cannot do it in the settings menu. 

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2017

You can not change the base url of a Cloud instance.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2017
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2017

p.s. in both you need to have system administrator permission to be able to do this.

Paulina Ratynska May 5, 2017

how can I have system administrator permission? I am only admin ( I have created it)

and I have JIRA

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2017

JIRA Cloud or Server?

Cloud

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2017

Ah.

On JIRA Server, system administrator is granted under global permissions.

But on JIRA Cloud, it is system administrator stuff is a restricted function.

If you want to change your JIRA Cloud instance URL, take a look at this knowledge base article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/changing-the-cloud-instance-url-address-or-migrating-to-a-new-cloud-instance-691011835.html

As Nic says - it can't be changed. But the KB article gives background and explains that you could manually migrate.

Suggest an answer