Automating Excel File Upload to Confluence

Amani Christopher June 3, 2021

I have an excel file that I update multiple times a week and would like a way to quickly add those changes into a saved file in confluence, is this possible? 

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi @Amani Christopher , you may try to use our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence. Maybe you have already installed it for your Confluence instance for filtering and aggregating tabular data (try to find the Table Filter macro into the macrobrowser).

For this case you may use the Table from CSV macro - it allows you to output a table from CSV or TSV data source. The macro supports outputting data from a URL (and Google Sheets as well) or an attached file. All the changes made to the original source are immediately reflected into Confluence.

Amani Christopher June 4, 2021

Since the file has multiple sub sheets I can't save the file as a csv without separating each sub sheet which I can't really do. Do you know any way around this?

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any workarounds that can operate with multiple subsheets of the Excel files.

Maybe you should browse the Marketplace for this specific feature. 

The apps besides ours that I've come across operated only with simple universal formats such as CSV, TSV, JSON.

Suggest an answer