Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Assignee and reporter fields

Hi,

I have different people in my project team but the only person which can be assignee to a ticket is me.

Instead, for the reporter field, I can find my team but in the same time I have a list of "people" which means nothing like Trello, Automation for Jira, checkList, Jira Outlook, and many others

Do you how can I manage this point ? 

Thanks in advance for help

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Dorothée Fouissac

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

In order to assign people to tickets, every user needs to have the "Assignable User" permission in your project. Here are the docs about managing project permissions.

In the end, you need to verify that the users who should be assignable are part of the group or role which is assigned in the permissions.

Does that help?

Cheers,
Matthias.

Hi @Dorothée Fouissac

Check the permission scheme to see what it says about who can be assigned or can assign tickets. This will enable us to work it out. Please share a screenshot.

Thanks Daniel

here are the actual permissions

I don't think that the issue is at this level but if you can help

image.png

Especially because at the beginning I don't have rights for changing the issues permission. I just take the free trial today.

More of that it is the reporter part where I have a list of "person" who are not really person

image.png

Thanks for your help

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you