Arranging version number in a particular order

Lena Movshovich December 15, 2013

Hello,

Is there any way to arrange/sort order in the "version" drop-down menu?

It seems to me the last version added is always at the top of the list and there is no way to put the latest version number (not the one you created last at the top). Or let's say, I want trunk to always be the first on my list.

Thank you,

- Lena

2 answers

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

In administration, go to manage versions and re-order via drag and drop.

Thanks, but what do I select under the Administration?

Issue, Project, System, User Management...

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

Sorry, on your version of JIRA, go to the specific project administration (tab), the versions should be in the list.

Thank you, Bob!

I do not think I can move anything around on that screen...

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2013

Make sure you are on the adminstation tab (something like plugins/servlet/project-config/xxx/versions) and you have project administration permission.

0 votes
Lena Movshovich December 16, 2013

Thank you very much, Bob! - it found it - works well.

Lena Movshovich January 20, 2014

I arranged all the versions in the oder I wanted using my Admin. rights, but when I am opening a new issue, they show up in the original (not the order I set up) order.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you!

Suggest an answer