Arranging version number in a particular order

Hello,

Is there any way to arrange/sort order in the "version" drop-down menu?

It seems to me the last version added is always at the top of the list and there is no way to put the latest version number (not the one you created last at the top). Or let's say, I want trunk to always be the first on my list.

Thank you,

- Lena

2 answers

In administration, go to manage versions and re-order via drag and drop.

Thanks, but what do I select under the Administration?

Issue, Project, System, User Management...

Sorry, on your version of JIRA, go to the specific project administration (tab), the versions should be in the list.

Thank you, Bob!

I do not think I can move anything around on that screen...

Make sure you are on the adminstation tab (something like plugins/servlet/project-config/xxx/versions) and you have project administration permission.

Thank you very much, Bob! - it found it - works well.

I arranged all the versions in the oder I wanted using my Admin. rights, but when I am opening a new issue, they show up in the original (not the order I set up) order.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,968 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot