cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling multiple release version in Jira Software

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2018

Hi all,

The problem with the way the current fix version/s is handled within Jira for us is that for each new release version we must traverse the entire workflow.    So if a problem is found in version 1.1.0 and then resolved in that version and it is found to be needed in version 1.1.1, then we cannot use the same Jira and place another affect/s version as the status does not reflect that version 1.1.0 is in the resolved or closed status while 1.1.1 is say in progress.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?   How do you work it?  

Currently what we do is using the Bob Swift clone tool every time a new release is needed we clone the current issue with only the affects version/s being unique.  This mechanism also automatically links the two with a unique link mechanism.    However when going through our issue count it does skew it a bit in the the same issue can show up multiple times.

I would like to know how anyone else (including @atlassian itself) handles this problem.    What is the the status of an issue that is resolved for one fix version/s but still in progress for another?

Thanks,

Robert

1 comment

Comment

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2018

I would love to know when say Jira 7.2.6 has an issues that is resolved, but then it is found in 7.4.2 and that is still in progress, what is the status of the Jira issue?  

From what I have seen it stays in done or closed as it has been resolved for 7.2.6.  If so then how is the fix for 7.4.2 tracked through development, testing, etc. 

Thanks in advance!

Robert

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events