Can we make the new UI use screen space more efficiently?

Chris Hugenberger March 15, 2018

I don't know about any of you, but the new UI wastes a lot of screen real estate.  There's huge margins and just a lot of blank white space.  Which means all of our text etc, ends up word wrapping.

Anyone have ideas?  Else help up vote this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69044

image.png

3 comments

Comment

Sergei Bobronnikov March 15, 2018

This is so called "New JIRA Experience".  Previously we had an option to disable this "New JIRA Experience" so the view was fine but now this option not available anymore.  This view displays requirements for each Jira ticket in a very narrow column which makes it almost completely unusable. 

Marion Ruth March 15, 2018

Readability & usability with this new & improved "experience" has diminished - I see other threads that also indicate a general dissatisfaction with this new UI and want to "revert."

When can we regain the option to turn this off and revert?

Martin Wickline March 15, 2018

At the very least, the custom text fields should have the same UI styling/resizing behavior as the Description field, as it seems to behave more sensibly. 

Here is a screenshot of what we see today (and can't seem to change or work around), with commentary and suggestions, admittedly showing my frustration.  How did this manage to get through any kind of Quality Control process, and why the draconian measures to disallow people from reverting to a usable UI state?  At least allow us to switch back until you can provide a reasonably usable ticket view.

NewJIRAisUnusable-NewLayoutIsRidiculous-commentary-smudge.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events