Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let the July updates fly 🎆 New University course, open forms, Confluence integration, and more

Take your Jira Work Management projects to the next level with this month’s news.

New course on Atlassian University

jwm-uni-course.png

Get back to basics and learn the core concepts of Jira Work Management like issues, projects, and boards. This course is perfect for sharing with teammates who are new to JWM or as a refresher for more experienced users.

Let's go ➡️

Once you’ve completed the course, share your thoughts in the comments! 👇

Open forms

Open forms.jpg

Open forms are rolling out! Now, you’ll be able to collect intake requests from anyone who can access your Jira Work Management instance, not just the users who have permission to create issues. Expand the reach of your cross-functional work.

Confluence integration in board view

Confluence links in board view.gif

Also rolling out now, Confluence pages in board view are bringing the context you need to another one of your favorite views. We’re excited to see how you’ll make the most of the latest integration.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates coming very soon!

20 comments

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2023

Love it! Could you maybe share a link to the university course?

Like • # people like this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2023

@Tomislav Tobijas yes thank you so much for letting me know! Just added to the post and here it is too: https://university.atlassian.com/student/path/1554210-get-started-with-jira-work-management

Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2023

Thanks for sharing @Abby Stiris

First of all I think any improvements to reduce context switching is really important so I love to see the work around showing linked Confluence pages.

Getting a specific university course out is especially good as well. I hope to see this available on the training for Jira app as we would be able to better target some of the training to our individuals now.

Shaunty July 18, 2023

Would love to be able to make the form public instead of requiring login. Was disappointed that setting the create issue permission to public didn't make the form itself public. 

But based on how we do documentation I absolutely LOVE the confluence board integration update. 

Mike Curwen July 18, 2023

Will the Confluence integration on Boards be available for Jira Software? 

Alex Young July 18, 2023

I really wish we could make the forms available to the public for anyone to submit. That would be great to help us intake work from our stakeholders.

Volodymyr Pushkin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2023

HI!

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, or the updates haven't come yet, because my forms don't have the option to distribute to everyone. 

@Abby Stiris Can you tell me what the problem is?

Знімок екрана 2023-07-18 о 20.58.06.png

Shari Barchus July 18, 2023

I have selected 'Confluence Pages' in the Customize Cards option, but still are not seeing the pages in card view. Do you happen to know if there is an additional step(s) needed?

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2023

Thank you for your awesome questions, everyone! These updates are currently rolling out so please stay tuned. Glad to hear you're excited about them, thanks for your patience!

We totally understand the need to open forms even further — I've shared this feedback internally.

@Mike Curwen (and anyone else!), can you tell me more about how you would use Confluence in Jira Software boards? I'll pass your request along to the Jira Software team.

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
July 18, 2023

I'd love to connect and learn more about how these features will help you all and your teams. If you're interested in jumping on a call, can you like đź‘Ť this comment? Thanks!

Mike Curwen July 18, 2023

For many years of development work, we've done stories directly in JIRA, with the acceptance criteria right in the ticket description.  We're moving to a scenario where requirements outlive the jira project that implemented them, plus gaining some different organizational capabilities, by moving requirements/acceptance criteria to Confluence. 

So slowly but surely, our story tickets become very thin descriptions, just placeholders to shuffle along the kanban, and the requirement/acceptance criteria is obtained through the built-in issue links (Link Issue > Link Confluence Page).  So that's accessible on the ticket.    Would be very handy to have that accessible on the board as well. 

Jeremy Steuhl July 19, 2023

Wish forms worked the same as in Jira Service Management.  Be able to add fields (without having to create a custom field), help text, tables etc. 

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
July 19, 2023
Jeremy Steuhl July 19, 2023

@Abby Stiris I have not tried it, since I didn't know it was possible.  How do I enable advanced forms in JWM?

Alex Young July 20, 2023

@Abby Stiris I would also like to know this as I did not think it was possible either. That link you shared goes to a support article that only has two not-really helpful sentences.

Like • Jeremy Steuhl likes this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2023

@Jeremy Steuhl @Alex Young check out the ProForma marketplace app. Once you have that, let me know if these resources help: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/use-forms-in-jira-service-management/

Jeremy Steuhl July 21, 2023

@Abby Stiris Can't get that app to load for some reason.  It shows up right on the home page of the marketplace under recommend for you.  When I click on it and it just spins.  Interesting find though, if I try to search for "proforma" on the marketplace, the only thing that comes up is an app called "Smart Jira Forms".

I thought I read somewhere that Atlassian discontinued the ProForma forms app, since it was integrated into Jira.

Giacomo Lupini August 1, 2023

Hi,

@Abby Stiris  when will the open forms be released?

Thanks

Like • Volodymyr Pushkin likes this
Dennis Chiuten
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2023

The open forms feature is a great addition, but it would be much more useful if we had the option for the respondent to also have access to view and comment on the issue that they created via the form.  Is that in the works?

Giacomo Lupini November 29, 2023

Hi @Abby Stiris 

I tried using open forms, but usage is still limited to users with a license. Can you help me?

Thanks

Giacomo

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events