sometimes can not add watcher

Liu Zhengjun February 7, 2021

Hi,everyone

First question:

issue.png

sometimes when I first add watcher in the position of the number two on the picture,it's not succeed. 

But if you add wather in the position 1 on the picture, it's ok and you can add other watcher in the position 2 .

Second question:

some issues under the same project on the backlog panel disappears when I finish processing it. 

I want to know why.

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Do you use any Apps with interact with the Watcher function to enhance it?
We saw some kind of those problems every now and then coming from Apps.
This, certainly, does not answer your second question, though - but I do not think anyway they are related. The second one is more a question to boards (Kanban/Scrum) but not related to watchers.

Liu Zhengjun February 18, 2021

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't think I used any Apps with interact with the Watcher function to enhance it or I didn't understand what you mean.

The first and the second are two separate issues.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2021

Yes, this is what I meant. Thanks for clarifying.
Have you had a look (with system administrators) into atlassian-jira.log if there is an error logged when trying to add a watcher?
Maybe this gives some conclusion about why this is happening.

0 votes

recently, some issues are found to have this problem and there is no upgrade .

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

Hi @Liu Zhengjun ,

How often do these issues happen? Did they start after certain event (e.g. an upgrade)? Do all users experience these issues?

Recently, some issues are found to have this problem and there is no upgrade . I have administrator rigths.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

Try project re-indexing once and see if it solves the problem.

Does re-indexing need to stop JIRA?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2021

No, we need to perform reindexing while it's running. No need to stop Jira

Thanks, but it didn't solve the problem after re-indexing.

Suggest an answer