normal users Unable to create issues

joy April 16, 2019

Hi I have started adding users to a project and when they try to create an issue they get an error message that states that the user doens't have administer projects permissions.

I have tried to delete all permission schemes and create a new one where i have assigned create task as a permission but they still cant create issues in that project, they can create them in other projects but not in this one.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

Hi Joy - Welcome to the Community!

Did you make sure that the users are granted roles on the project? The permission schemes are attached to Project Roles (or Groups, but you should use Roles :-). Just make sure the users are attached to one of the roles. 

joy April 16, 2019

Hi John 

Yes i tried to grant the permissions to project roles but as long as that user doesnt have admin rights they cant seem to create an issue.

I am thinking there is something in the actual project that is blocking the users or the way this project was created?!!!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

Can you show a screenshot of your permissions for Create an Issue? 

joy April 17, 2019

jira issue.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2019

Hmm, that should work. But maybe try to add another permission for Create Issues for a Project role like Team. And then make sure the Team role has the users you want by name or maybe try jira-users as the group.

Or just update the permissions above to use the group jira-users instead of Any logged in user. 

Suggest an answer