Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

View WorkLogs

How can I query for Worklog entries?  For example, say a user logged time on several different issues over a week. I want to see their total time logged and which issues they worked on.

6 answers

1 vote

Jira does not natively provide a report for work logs.

I use the third party app Worklog - Time tracking and reports 

0 votes

Have you tried to create a dashboard and add Time Sheet Gadget that can show you total time tracked by user and when you hover over - it will show you details with the link to every issue:

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 12.17.05.png

As an alternative you can also try out our plugin, The app provides 5 important features

Agile Tools : Epic Tree & Time in Status 

1) Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features

2) Timesheet :- View/Enter your time spent for multiple days

3) Links Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up for hierarchy (up to 10 levels), based on your Issue Links parent child relationship.

4) Epic Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask

5) Time in Status :- More than 7 types of Time in Status reports to track your issues.

Worklogs Drill Down.PNG

Hello, here an OpenSource script you can use to get a CSV output of Worklog registrations

https://github.com/WuerthPhoenix/Atlassian-Extension-Scripts/tree/main/jira-worklog-report-csv 

Thanks for the responses, appreciate suggestions and info. I asked my admins to install a few for me, looks like my team is pleased with one called Team Worklog Reports.

I'm really surprised Jira doesn't natively provide even a super bare-bones access for me to query that data at all. Seems like a huge hole to me, but I guess it keeps their app store utilized.

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jul 20, 2021

I use an addon for this - Time Reports for Jira Cloud

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events