Timeline view is missing

Abdullah YILDIZ January 10, 2022

I noticed that Jira Software does not include timeline view by default as in Jira Cloud. It is very disappointing that it is not provided as part of the platform.

We have been using Jira for projects that are confidential and that and other missing features make it difficult to work with Jira.

I know that Atlassian will no longer support Jira server but the company should not make their customers suffer with such a decision.

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi Abdullah - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

These are features available in Jira Cloud only. Jira Server might still use a product called Portfolio. Otherwise, you will probably need an add-on for Server. 

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

What exactly do you mean by timeline view. Can you provide a view of your goal? For what it is worth, Cloud Premium provides Advanced Roadmaps. For server there are addon app solutions. 

The following screenshot from a Jira cloud project shows the timeline view of the issues:

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 16.25.04.png

I'm aware that 3rd party add-ons can be used but they are mostly not free. It does not make any sense to me that such core features are not included in Jira server.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

Thanks for sharing the image. Indeed that is a cloud view. With Jira server being end-of-life I don't suspect that you will see such a feature being added. This leaves the two options I mentioned previously: add-on or migration to cloud. 

Like Abdullah YILDIZ likes this

Thanks for your support. Unfortunately migrating to cloud is currently not a valid option for us.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events