Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Timeline view is missing

Edited

I noticed that Jira Software does not include timeline view by default as in Jira Cloud. It is very disappointing that it is not provided as part of the platform.

We have been using Jira for projects that are confidential and that and other missing features make it difficult to work with Jira.

I know that Atlassian will no longer support Jira server but the company should not make their customers suffer with such a decision.

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk Community Leader Jan 10, 2022

Hi Abdullah - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

These are features available in Jira Cloud only. Jira Server might still use a product called Portfolio. Otherwise, you will probably need an add-on for Server. 

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 10, 2022

What exactly do you mean by timeline view. Can you provide a view of your goal? For what it is worth, Cloud Premium provides Advanced Roadmaps. For server there are addon app solutions. 

The following screenshot from a Jira cloud project shows the timeline view of the issues:

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 16.25.04.png

I'm aware that 3rd party add-ons can be used but they are mostly not free. It does not make any sense to me that such core features are not included in Jira server.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 10, 2022

Thanks for sharing the image. Indeed that is a cloud view. With Jira server being end-of-life I don't suspect that you will see such a feature being added. This leaves the two options I mentioned previously: add-on or migration to cloud. 

Like Abdullah YILDIZ likes this

Thanks for your support. Unfortunately migrating to cloud is currently not a valid option for us.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

413 views 19 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you