Several questions on usage

Gergely Madarász August 1, 2012

Hello,

I have collected some query I cannot answer. We are planning to buy greenhopper and jira but feel that many things are missing from it.

How to

Change scope of sprint on the fly?

Change the priorities of the sprint items?

Put new tickets into the sprint and to prioritize them against the current items of the sprint?

Do we have to start a version and a sprint simultaneously to see capacity of each developer/assignee and some other metrics?

How can we list by user stories > original estimate, total spent, remaining, who worked on it?

How can we list per user > what he reported any given day ; what he reported per sprint ; how many hours and which stories which tasks?

How can we list buget to actual at any given task?

How can i reach the charts and tables a scrum master may need, in a more clearly overseeable format?

Velocity history and average?

Setting work in progress limit?

Using and understanding business weight?

Setting budget for epics or user stories, how to follow up on them?

Jira is full of buttons, features, hidden menus etc. Can we get a clearer view?

Printing individual cards > is it possible?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

There are too many questions here but I'll give you some ideas.

From GreenHopper 5.9.1 you can add issues to a running Sprint from the Plan mode

Sprint item priorities can be changed a number of ways.

You can have a filter which sorts by original estimate - add in the JQL, ORDER BY originalEstimate.

You can use the Timesheet plugin to get some user reports on work logged, etc. You can run a Version Workload Report also to get breakdown per team member.

You can look at scrum metrics to compare budgeted v actual - see the rapid scrum metrics dashboard gadget.

You can set work in progress limits using swim lanes on the rapid board.

You can print the burndoiwn chart from the released board, other than that you are looking at printing screenshots.

Suggest an answer