Is there a place where Classic Greenhopper functionality that will be ported to Agile Boards is listed?

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a place where Classic Greenhopper functionality that will be carried over when the Classic boards are dropped is listed?

For example, will version hierarchies be supported?

thanks!

Andreas

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Andreas,

Currently, the hierarchy for Fix Versions and the associated Start and End Date, has been replaced with a new Sprint object. For more information about what change in Classic to new Greenhopper board, please see click here.

Hi John,

Sprints and Versions are quite different concepts. They were only linked in the Classic Greenhopper due to the limitations of the old model.

However even with sprints the concept of Hierarchies of Versions is still very useful. E.g. I have an 18month release with 3 major milesones. These Milestones are tracked as sub-versions of the overall release version. Now I can say what is in milestone1, 2 and 3 and they are all in the overall release.

How I create sprints to deliver to those milestones is completely orthogonal.

Support for hierarchies of versions is a significant feature for Enterprise releases.

It is features like these which I would like to ensure are being migrated to the new Agile Board concept. It feels at times like the Agile police have taken over and what made Jira and Greenhopper so powerful (its flexibility for those who have to work within a non-ideal Agile world) is being lost.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,200 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you