How to view a single issue in new UI

Meredith Moritz May 7, 2019

I clicked "View this issue in old layout" on a single issue, and even after toggling off and on the new UI, I am still only able to see a few single issues in the old UI. Am I able to turn the new layout on a single issue? Or is it stuck in the old layout?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2019

Hello Meredith,

Can you please let us know if you are using JIRA Server or Cloud?

You can see any issues of classic projects in the old issue view, however, Next-gen projects were developed only in the New issue view.

The Next-gen template is still a beta feature on JIRA which proposal is to be a simpler and more straight to the point solution for those customers which felt overwhelmed by the complexity of the Classic projects templates.

To completely disable the New issue view for all your Classic projects, you can click in your profile picture > Personal settings > Turn off the new issue view

Let me know if this information helps.

Meredith Moritz May 9, 2019

Hi @Petter Gonçalves, thank you for looking into this.

We're using JIRA Cloud. I was looking for a way to go back to the new issue view actually, but I realized afterward that if I browsed/searched issues and clicked the issue again I was able to view it in the new version.

I'll mark this accepted.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2019

You are welcome, Meredith.

Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer