How to add users to jira-software-users group if they were removed earlier to conserve licenses?

r Oruganti July 18, 2022

I removed users who have not logged in the last six month from the jira-software-users group. Some of these users are trying to log in now and they do not have a license added automatically. Jira adds the users to the jira-software-users group only the first time the users log in.

I see that the only option is to remove the autoGroupsAdded attribute from cwd_user_attributes table in the DB. I do not want to mess with the DB though. Does anyone know what my options are? 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2022

@r Oruganti You should be able to apply the group in Jira's user management.  You would just look up the user and add the group.  It should be the opposite of what you did to remove the user from the group.  You can learn more about managing groups here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-groups-938847035.html 

Suggest an answer