How to add quick filters to a dashboard gadget

Craig Briggs October 29, 2019

Hi Community!

I am trying to create a dashboard gadget based on the Filter Results option but I want to be able to use quick filters (or similar) so that I can either view all filter results, or selecting a quick filter for specific sprints.

I have gone through a variety of the gadgets that seem related but no luck. I have also found this post online which looks exactly like what I want to use but does not seem available on JIRA anymore (https://codefortynine.com/quick-filters-for-jira-dashboards/)

The post suggests to add Quick Filter Results & Quick Controller gadgets (both are not available to me)

Hopefully someone out there has an answer for me - I tried search the community for Questions and Discussions about quick filters in gadgets but no results came up

Thank you!

-----------------------------

UPDATE: Thanks for the responses, I did not realise that the Quick Filters on dashboards were third party additions.

Unfortunately I am on a corporate subscription and not able to activate the trial subscription

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

Hi Craig - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The Quick Filters for Jira marketplace app is indeed available for Cloud. You can that here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220136/quick-filters-for-jira-dashboards?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Have you tried to do an install for the free trial?

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 30, 2019

Hi,

Thanks, @John Funk for mentioning Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

@Craig Briggs as John wrote in his post, you can download the trial and test the full functionality of our Marketplace app for free.

If you have questions or feedback on our app don't hesitate to get in touch with us at support@codefortynine.com.

We're always happy to help.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

Quick filters are a function of boards.  For a gadget to do something similar, it needs to implement code to provide the function, which is what the apps you have found do.

I'm not aware of any apps that replicate the server apps you've found on Cloud.

Suggest an answer