How to add approver to jira workflow All transition

Muhammad Akram Sharifi April 21, 2021

Hell Friend 

I have a work flow where each state is using the All transition type, where i am able to move to any state from any.

I want to make it to work the same but only it should ask for approval of someone when we want to go to Done state 

please let me know if  anyone of you guys have experience with such type of situationopenworkflow.PNG 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hello @Muhammad Akram Sharifi 

It does not matter that you allow transitions from all statuses to all statuses. If you want to require Approval only when the transition is to Done then

1. Enter Edit mode for the workflow.

2. In the diagram above, click on the arrow between "All" and "Done".

3. Click on Conditions.

This is where you add the condition to allow only the specified people to transition the issue to Done. Adding the Condition in this one place will affect only the transition to Done, not transitions to any other statuses.

Do you know how to set up the condition so that only designated Approvers can transition the issue to Done, or do you need help wit that also?

Muhammad Akram Sharifi April 24, 2021

I would love to know how would you do it

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

How do you determine who is allowed to approve the transition? Is it the Reporter or the Assignee, or do you have the approver specified in another field in the issue? Or can the approver be anybody in a particular Project Role for that project?

Are you expecting the approver to actually execute the transition, or are you expecting to note that they approve the transition and then allow another person to actually execute the transition?

0 votes
Muhammad Akram Sharifi November 4, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

I have added a new field "Director" type user picker and that worked thank you so much

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events