How do I check field "original estimate" when creating transition rules in workflow?

Deleted user July 5, 2021

Hello.

I am creating a workflow for a "team-managed" project.

I want to add a rule that prevents team members from moving tickets from "selected for development" to "in progress" unless they fill a value in "original estimation" field. 

However, "original estimation" field cannot be selected in the rules screen inside workflow screens. 

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

Disclaimer: I do not use TMP and things change very quickly.

With that said the last time I checked on TMP and the rules, estimation was not an available option and it appears that it still is not based on what you were conveying.

Deleted user July 5, 2021

Indeed... estimation is not an available option. I am asking to see if there is a workaround, or if someone points me to a feature request somewhere so I can vote for it. I think it makes sense to want a rule that enforces that estimation field is filled in.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

I am not where I can check at the moment. If you go to Jira.Atlassian.com you can use JQL to search.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events