How do I backup my team-managed business project without any data loss.

Yena Bae
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

Must have a backup of all issues including attachments, comments, confluence pages, custom fields etc. 

For context, what we are aiming to do is backup this project so that if we move all the issues into our new company managed project and it is unsuccessful (e.g. there is data loss), then we can recover/restore the old project again. 

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2024

Hi Yena,

You can do manual backups of a single project with they Revyz Data Manager for Jira.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228694/revyz-data-manager-for-jira-backup-restore-analyze-optimize?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Full transparency, I am an advisor for the app. 

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2024

Hi @Yena Bae

Welcome to the community!

I suggest you take a look at this support page that shows you how to create a backup: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automate-backups-for-jira-cloud-779160659.html 

You may also want to consider plugins such as Rewind or configuration manager

Regards,

Fabian

Yena Bae
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

Hi Fabien! Hmm that only gives me info about automated backups. So essentially are you saying that there isn't a way to manually backup a single Jira project?

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2024

You will have to use a plugin unfortunately. If you are doing this only once, I would just use configuration manager for the trial period while you are moving to the new project.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events