How do I add a buttons on the Jira Ticket?

Ansil Niroula September 1, 2020

Jira help.JPG

How do I change what I want to see in the button circled with Red?

The current status is Design Complete. After Design is complete rather than clicking on Workflow and choosing options there, I would like to see the next transition in the place I have highlighted with Red. ATM, duplicate appears there. I Want 'Design Complete' there.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2020

Hi @Ansil Niroula 

You can modify the order of statuses using workflow properties - specifically, you'll need opsbar-sequence.

To exemplify how this works, as a Jira Admin you could:

1. Go to Jira Settings > Issues > Workflows
  2. Select the Workflow in use for this project/issue type
  3. Click on a transitions in diagram view out of one status - and from the pop-up box, select "Properties"
  4. Enter into Property Key "opsbar-sequence", and into Property Value a number - for example 10.
  5. Continue adding opsbar properties to each outgoing transition from one status - the lower the Property Value, the higher up the list it will appear. So for example if you have three outgoing transitions and set them to be 10, 20 and 30 - 10 and 20 will appear where you currently have "Start Timer" and "Duplicate"

^ Note: If you have all-to-all transitions - so all transitions are possible from this status - then opsbar-sequence can only be applied once. This means if you move "Design Complete" transition to the second top position, it will be there no matter what status the issue is in.

Ste

Ansil Niroula September 1, 2020

Thank you Stephen.

I was able to do what I wanted.

Regards,

Ansil

0 votes
Hadas Hamerovv July 13, 2021

I don't see those buttons at all. I've added the "opsbar-sequence" property and values but still don't see those buttons. Anyone can advise here?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2021

Hi @Hadas Hamerovv 

If you're on Cloud, these buttons are from a previous iteration of the Issue View - the current Issue View on Cloud no longer has buttons for Statuses.

You can see how opsbar-sequence works in Cloud now in JRACLOUD-70702 

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events